2020, the year of working from home (well, and schooling from home).
While some love waking up and walking just a few feet to their new “office,” others are finding this is a big adjustment.
Before my current job, I worked from home for about two years. One of the things I learned was how much a functional workspace contributed to my productivity. For me, I need a space that is not my couch or bed and is clean and organized! I also found that certain items help keep me more comfortable, relaxed, and focused while working from home. Here are some of my work from home office essentials to help you thrive in your home office.
Get Organized – Office Essentials:
- To-Do Notebook – As a list maker, I love using a to-do list notebook. First, I typically date a month at a time. I use it to add any important deadlines and make reminders for any follow-ups or meetings, appointments that need to be scheduled. It is also great if I need to remember when something was completed I can flip back and find out when I checked it off.
- Desk Organizer – I struggle to stay organized in a messy workspace. My organizer keeps my desk clean and allows me to put everything in its place while working from home.
- File folders – I try not to keep much paper but I do like a few file folders especially to keep documents that I need to electronically scan or for projects I am actively working.
- Erasable Marker Pens – If you love to color code, especially in a paper planner these are a must! These do not bleed and are erasable.
Get Comfortable – Office Essentials:
- Diffuser – Candles will probably always be my favorite in my home but a few years ago a coworker convinced me to try a diffuser in my office since I could not have an open flame and it quickly became a must for me.
- Blue Light Blocking Glasses – Now more than ever we are looking at the computer and phone screens for longer. These glasses help with headaches and eyestrain.
- Water bottle – When I work from home its easy for me to forget to drink water and hydrate. This allows me to keep water at my desk and keep it super cold!
- Go – I am not a huge coffee drinker, so when I need an afternoon pick-me-up, this is my go-to drink! Gives me some energy without the crash feeling later.
Get Techy – Office Essentials:
- Wireless Earbuds – Whether working from home or the office, noise-canceling earbuds are a must-have! These are great for conference calls/zoom meetings, listening to music or a podcast, or even slipping in a workout.
- USB Hub – Between a personal and work laptop, dual monitors, and everything else, this hub makes it easier to plug it all in!
- 6-foot cable – Initially I thought there was no way I would want a 6ft charging cord —wrong! I love keeping one in my office, one next to the bed, and one in the living room.
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse – Even with a laptop I prefer a wireless keyboard and mouse since I have my laptop hooked to dual monitors.
Let me know your favorite work from home office essential so I can check it out.
Leave a Reply